A high-performance network infrastructure is essential for today’s modern business. The fast, secure and reliable delivery of applications that drive business processes is vital. Switches deployed in regional offices, and data centres enable these business processes by connecting users to applications, delivering everything from traditional file services to telephony, messaging, presence, video conferencing and web services.
To fill this critical role, network infrastructure switches must:
- Be highly available to ensure uninterrupted, uncompromised delivery of business processes in the event of failures and outages
- Support unified data, voice, messaging, presence and video communications on a single IP infrastructure
- Integrate security functions traditionally implemented in appliances to defend against malicious, sophisticated attacks and optimise application response times
- Deliver operational excellence by delivering consistency and simplicity across the infrastructure to reduce total cost of ownership
Lunar Systems supply Juniper EX Series Ethernet Switches, which deliver high-performance, highly available, carrier-class solutions. The EX Series is designed to meet today’s converged branch office, campus, and data centre network requirements with both modular and fixed-configuration form factors.
Juniper EX Series Ethernet Switches deliver high-performance, highly available, carrier-class solutions. Designed to meet today’s converged branch office, campus, and data centre network requirements with both modular and fixed-configuration form factors.
Features & Benefits
- Security risk management – Tightly integrate with Juniper’s Unified Access Control (UAC) solution, dynamically delivering network protection, guest access and identity-based QoS based on user, device, and location.
- Performance – Deliver wire-speed performance on all ports for any packet size. For example, the EX8200 modular Ethernet switches deliver up to 128 wire-speed 10 Gigabit Ethernet ports per chassis with nearly 2 billion packets per second throughput.
- Carrier-class reliability – Include high-performance ASICs, a carrier-class system architecture, and JUNOS Software — that powers the world’s largest service provider networks.
- Application control – Support eight QoS queues per port, ensuring proper prioritisation of control plane, video, voice, and multiple levels of data traffic – with room to converge other networks, such as video security systems and building automation.
- Virtualisation – Virtual Chassis technology, currently available on the EX4200 line of Ethernet switches, allows up to 10 Ethernet switches to be connected and managed as a single, logical device, delivering the reliability, scalability, and manageability of traditional chassis-based systems in a cost-effective, compact platform.
- Lower total cost of ownership – The innovations of the EX Series Ethernet switches enable new architectures that reduce cost and complexity. Unified management and automation tools consolidate system monitoring and maintenance and save time and money.
Juniper Ethernet Switching solutions improve the economics of networking by building carrier-class, high density hardware that reduces operational and capital expenses for branch, campus, and data centre network environments.